At Thrive Academy, we believe in overcoming obstacles to learning through individualized education, allowing every child to thrive and reach their full potential.
Overcoming obstacles to learning.
- Every child deserves a learning environment that respects their current abilities without limiting their future potential.
- Educational plans must take into account the academic, social, physical and emotional needs of the child.
- All children can become competent learners.
- All children are engaged in a process of self-formation. It is the role of the teachers to carefully observe the child and provide a learning environment that meets the immediate and future needs of the child.
- All children do well when they can. Where there is a consistent failure to meet expectations, there is a lagging skill that needs to be identified. Identifying the need allows us to make a plan to help the child to develop the skills that they are lacking.
- Every child has the right to a full range of educational experiences.
- Each child is entitled to respect and dignity within an educational setting.
- Innovative learning practices are required when a child is not thriving.
- Technology can be a valuable tool to accurately identify skills that a child has mastered and others that need work.
- Families form an integral part of the learning team.
- There is possibility within each and every child.